NG

Lifestyle . Fashion . Beauty . Culture

Saturday 29 March 2014

Hot Lips

When it comes to daytime make-up, although my look is less dramatic than at the night, I'm not one to shy away from experimentation. In regards to eye make-up I tend to go for the same colours, but when it comes to lipstick and gloss I like to mix it up playing with different hues and finishes. Here are my favourite daytime lip products from my collection...


Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in 'Tantalizing Taupe'.

This is the newest lipstick to my collection. The colour is very natural and low-key for daytime, yet the shimmery, matte finish gives a touch of sophistication. I prefer to team this nude colour with quite dark eye make-up, so to allow this to take focal point, whilst still having a subtle flush of colour.


Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Balm in 'Plushest Punch'.

This bright, fuchsia shade is probably the most vibrant of my selected daytime colours. The best thing about this product is it's versatile; you can build up the colour to create an intense look, or dab the chubby stick lightly on the lips for a more toned-down look. Plus the balm has moisturising properties, meaning it's a great product to use for the long term.


Seventeen Lip Lustre in 'Talk That Talk'.

This lip gloss offers a peachy shimmer to lips, making them seem more voluminous. It can be a little sticky, but as an inexpensive gloss it's a great product. I often layer this over matte lipstick to give a hint of gloss.


Rimmel Kate Lipstick in '16'.

This is by far one of my favourite lip colours yet. I actually bought this by accident, mistaking it for another colour, and I can honestly say I'm so glad I did. The colour is a pink shade, with coral undertones that is perfect for spring and summer months! The texture is very creamy and this lipstick works well with many different make-up looks.


Rimmel Apocolips in 'Luna'.

It's the colour of this lip gloss that has won me over. It's a highly-pigmented, peachy shade that brings a brings a fresh, unexpected twist when adding colour into your 'daytime' make-up collection. I also love the glossy finish.


What are your go-to products for daytime?


NG <3
 
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I too LOVE that Kate lipstick by Rimmel! This entire post was fantastic , I'm a hue lipstick junkie :)

    Hayfa
    www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a lovely collection of lip shades, I like the variances and the Chubby Stick is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these lip colors! Rimmel, maybelline, and revlon sell some of my favorite drugstore products

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kate lipstick by Rimmel looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look amazing! I need to try some more Rimmel lip products. I like to keep it simple, with a tinted lip butter from Revlon or the Body Shop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks a lot for sharing this lipsticks. I love that Clinique chubby sticks and the tinted lip from Revlon are awesome. Thanks for visiting my blog, stay in touch.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so boring for day, I just stick to Vaseline Rosy Lips! I really want a Chubby Stick though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to try the chubbystick <3

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't tried a chubbystick, they sounds awesome!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice shades of lipstick !

    http://sheismonik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these look really lovely! I have wanted to try out the chubby sticks for so long! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great Fall colors! Love those rustic tones

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi dear,

    love these products, great post :)
    I don’t know if you noticed, but I have a completely new website, check it out here: www.beneaththecoat.com
    and let me know what you think!
    Also, I am moving from Blogger so you can’t follow me through GFC anymore, but if you go to my new page you will see that you can follow the blog through:
    Bloglovin
    Facebook
    Instagram

    Looking forward seeing you on my blog again!
    K

    ReplyDelete

© NG

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig