NG

Lifestyle . Fashion . Beauty . Culture

Thursday 18 July 2013

The Films That Define Us #3

It has been a while since I did a 'The Films That Define Us' post, so I'm pleased to announce that this post is just that. I love nothing more than featuring other bloggers and hearing their opinions on culture and the films that have inspired them. I'm so pleased that Julianne of the blog Dollface has agreed to participate in this latest post. She is an aspiring make up artist that I know personally and I urge you to follow her on instagram (@juliannehowleyx) to see her emerging portfolio as this girl has got a gift! I love her choices, particularly The Little Mermaid, and as always let me know what you think. Over to Julianne!


What film has inspired you most as an aspiring make up artist?
"Mainly horror films! Mostly the creeper in Jeepers Creepers. I think the makeup used to create the monster is just amazing! Oh and the Freddy Krueger films also inspire me".

What's your favourite Disney film?
"The Little Mermaid definitely! It's probably because it's the most unique Disney film, as all the other Disney princesses are just normal girls with feet-haha! I think they really pushed the boat out with their imagination when they introduced a mermaid".


What's your all-time favourite film?
"Cruel intentions! Even though it makes me cry EVERY time, it's got such a good, unique storyline! The film has a really good cast as well".

 Who is you favourite actor/actress and what is your favourite film they have starred in?
"Definitely Adam Sandler! He is the funniest actor ever, in my opinion. It's the way he talks and his facial expressions, everything about him is just soooo funny. My favourite film of his has to be Happy Gilmore. It's the only film I could watch over and over again without getting bored of it!".
 
What has been your favourite film of 2013 so far?
"To be honest the only film I've seen that's been released this year is Mama. I thought it was really good and creepy! Except the ending really ruined it for me because it was so fake and silly!".


Thanks so much to Julianne for contributing. If you to would like to contribute please email booksfilms.ngblog@hotmail.co.uk.


NG <3
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Its so great to hear Julianne's movie picks, I am getting nostalgic about my childhood now and knowing all the songs from the Little Mermaid. Love Cruel Intentions, it was the ultimate teen movie of the time and a great reinvention of the original. I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Happy Friday Doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id have to agree with Little mermaid. Mine, perhaps Lion King and Land Before Time. :))
    follow each other? :)

    Dawn
    kdawnsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I haven't seen any of the films listed above... Sometimes I wish I could take a year off and just catch up on films, TV shows and books. What a life that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen Cruel Intentions but it looks like a great movie! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen Cruel Intentions. However, I did read the book that it was 'loosely' based on. Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting post! I find your blog great and inspiring. What about following each other?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i still haven't seen jeepers creepers! great post btw - following your blog now <3

    from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin'

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win a goodie bag of beauty products! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy these posts so much! I've actually only seen The Little Mermaid (which I also love) but have heard a lot about Cruel Intentions and must make it a point to watch it now! :)

    ReplyDelete

© NG

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig