NG

Lifestyle . Fashion . Beauty . Culture

Monday 8 July 2013

June Favourites 2013

Well, now it is the 8th of July and we are over half way through the year. I can't believe it's time to compile my June favourites post, time just seems to be whizzing by, but I guess that just means I'm having fun! Last month I shot my very first vlog but this month I've been unable to film due to my favourites due to being away and it would feel wrong to post my June favourites half way through July!


Beauty Favourites 


Sleek Aqua Collection Nail Polish in 'Deep Coral'

I got this coral shade in the Sleek Aqua Collection Nail Polish Set, which also contained a blue, yellow and purple colour. This is by far my favourite colour of the set and possibly my favourite colour of the summer. The orange-red tone means it's a bit more fun and young than classic red-and a fresh spin for summer. I was surprised by how easy the application was as the polishes work out about £2.50 each so I wasn't expecting the product to be amazing. It wasn't the longest wearing polish but it does stick around for a while. I think I would even repurchase the set purely for this shade!


Rimmel Undercover Shadow Primer

I do love a good primer and this Rimmel Shadow Primer is cheap and a great product. It's a creamy texture that is smoothed over the eyelids to ensure that eyeshadow lasts longer. I'm not saying it's as good as the Urban Decay primer but for the price, at £4.99, there is no doubt it does enhance eyeshadow. I would say that personally I would have preferred different packaging and application as it's a little like a tube of lip gloss but the products great, which is the main concern.


Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in 'Brown'

Don't get me wrong I'm not betraying my beloved slick of inky liquid liner but for an easier, fuss free look I've been leaning towards brown pencil liner this month to gently define the upper lashes or create a more grungy look. I accidentally forgot my liquid liner when I went on holiday to Spain (the horror!) but I found this forgotten treasure a treat!


Rimmel 100% Waterproof Mascara

I wanted a very inexpensive product to just layer on to my lashes for a few days while I was away to avoid the perils of panda eyes. I saw this in Tesco and I was in a bit of a rush when I purchased it so I didn't look into it too much. There are no doubt better waterproof mascaras when it comes to length but it did give subtle definition to lashes and didn't smudge in the sea or the shower.


Batiste Hint of Colour Dry Shampoo Light and Blonde

Dry shampoo, I salute you. I entered June with shameful roots. Luckily they have been coloured now but let me tell you that Batiste Light and Blonde Dry Shampoo was a saviour for me for a good part of the month. In fact it still is now for those in between days. I think the blonde edition definitely makes a difference-it certainly blends in better, avoiding the talcum powder look.


Ghost

I got this Ghost perfume as a Christmas present but I've only really started using it excessively in June. It's such a sophisticated scent with floral and fruity notes. I found it's quite a light scent as well-perfect for not being too overpowering in the summer heat!


Fashion Favourites


Missguided Star Tropical Bustier Skater Dress

When I first saw this dress in the Barcelona Heat look book I knew I had to get it. I was instantly drawn in by the vivid, juicy colours, the tropical floral print and the flattering skater cut. It didn't disappoint. It's such a pretty dress for holiday nights and days and even thought the fabric is quite heavy it adds structure to the dress and isn't too much for the heat.


Primark Beaded Sandals

These sandals are just so pretty that I couldn't resist and the £8 price tag only prompted me to get them even more so! It's the colours that do it for me and the laid-back, beachy vibe yet they still retain a glam element.


Primark Owl Cushion

Isn't this cushion just the cutest! You may be aware that I'm a big fan of owls (they're really having a big thing over the past couple of years, aren't they?) and so I had to to get this £6 (yes, really) cushion from Primark to decorate my uni/home room. Pink, polka dots and florals, a cushion really can't get any better.


Company

As an English student reading book after book can get pretty intense. I have a love of literature that cannot be extinguished but sometimes it's nice to take a little break. This month I've been reading a book but haven't finished it yet and if anything, more so, I've been catching up with magazines! So in my June favourites I'm including a magazine I've only recently started buying; Company. I love the informal rapport the magazine creates with it's readers and also the fact that there is a focus on blogging is a big seller for me.


What were your must haves for June?


NG <3 



SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I really really want to try that eye primer! :) also love the shade of the sleek nail polish! I've recently posted my June favourites if you're interested! Lovely blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats floral outfit is gorgeous, love the print and colours. How cute is the owl cushion, adore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice post! I am about to follow you, maybe you could head over to my blog and follow me too?
    PS- Love the design of your blog!!
    www.charlyb128.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress and the owl are so cute! Great purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dress is fantastic. love it, it's soo summery :)

    http://doitfortheirony.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. In love with that dress and that owl! So love the post~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful sandals. Great items! I've finished CLASH OF KINGS..so I'm onward to a STORM OF SWORDS..yeah, not really buying much this summer..but I plan too..soon.

    Such a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so want that owl. What a steal! Go you! Such pretty things you've found this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is absolutely stunning!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooove those sandals! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Primark Sandals are just stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your kind comment sweety, have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is such an interesting post! i LOVE the dress
    check my latest post if you want too:)
    NEW POST -> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. That owl cushion is adorable and that Sleek polish looks perfect for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Natasha, Thank you so much for stopping by La Dolce Moda, you have a great blog!
    I love all of your june picks!!
    Great for summer :)

    Francesca
    from La Dolce Moda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love that dress!the pattern is awesome!so pretty!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow that dress is stunning, the colours are so pretty and the print is gorgeous! also liking the owl cushion - may have to stop by Primark and pick one up myself.. I'm loving how colour coordinated your favourites are ;)
    zara
    x

    lavieenrose-xo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© NG

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig