With Christmas comes sparkle. And sparkle is dangerous territory. Avoid looking less tinsel and more taste maker this Christmas season by choosing the right amount, whatever budget that may be;
1. Skirt, £26, Matalan. Add some colour to your sequins with this pink, silver and black skirt- how very Missoni. Wear with: a simple black strapless top and high heeled ankle boots-it's all about the skirt taking centre stage.
2. Ballet pumps, £11.99, New Look. These flats are adorable, I will always be a sucker for pumps with bows. Wear with: leggings and a long, oversized, salmon jumper. Throw on a scarf for extra warmth-Primark do some great ones.
3. Nail polish in 'Junk Yard', £6.50, Louise Gray for Topshop. The blue hue and glitter combination are great for adding some Christmas glitter in a subtle, yet colourful way. Wear with: anything!
4. Dress, £25, Boohoo.com. If your looking for value for money you can look very smug when all eyes are on you wearing this. LBD, check. Peplum, check. Sequins, duh? Wear with: what else other than a pair of glamorous heels-keep them simple though. Some dazzling, charcoal earrings are the only jewellery needed for this fabulous dress.
5.Clutch bag, £25, Kardashian Collection at Dorothy Perkins. The Kardashians. Love them or not, this clutch is a dazzler. I love the gold detail. Wear with: I'd style it with a cream blazer, black vest and a skater skirt. It's your call though, this clutch is so versatile. If you're planning on wearing sequins with this clutch keep it to footwear.
6. Dazzle dust, shade 11-black, £4.59, Barry M. I used this recently for Halloween, such a great product. Wear with: pale pink lips. This is the one for ultra dramatic smoky eyes.
7. Brooch, £15, River Island. How cute is this? It's already on my Christmas list. Wear with: personally, I would add this to a velvet clutch or bag. Alternatively, add it to any outfit for that extra sparkle.
8. Top, £19.99, New Look. Laidback luxe. Great for adding glamour to an everyday piece. Wear with: skinny jeans, dark brown Chelsea boots and a cream, wool jacket. The perfect early morning lecture look.
9. Heels, £14.99, New Look. Va va voom. The chunky heel adds a practical touch. I like. Very much. Wear with: up the glamour in a sequined blazer, simple top and black cigarette pants. Oh wouldn't that look lovely with aforementioned Kardashian clutch?
Lady of luxe;
1. Heels, £100, Ted Baker. I want these shoes. Satin ruffles, the perfect shade of blue and a timeless shape, thank you Mr Baker. Wear with: black slim fit jeans, and a preppy-chic, cream chiffon blouse. I would also style my hair in a loose top knot.
2. Blazer, £35.99, Missguided.co.uk. Number one on my current wishlist is a sequined blazer. Wear with: layer over your night out look for added sophistication or over a casual look for daytime chic.
3. Sugarbomb blush, £23.50, Benefit. This is by far my favourite blusher. It highlights the apples of your cheeks-and adds shimmer. Wear with: In terms of make up this is a wonder product-day or night it's a winner. Anything goes (within reason, of course).
4. Lip gloss, £7.69, Bourjois. The gloss has a hint of glimmer to make lips look luscious. Wear with: a matte smoky eye to contrast the pale shine of the gloss.
5. Cardigan, £119, Zara. The wow piece. The cardigan-simple. Zara's cardigan-a lesson in transitional day to night dressing. Or, if you prefer, perfection. Wear with: this is a truly multi-functional piece. Wear with a blouse, pencil skirt and kitten heels for a smart outfit, or pair with sequined heels and high waisted black shorts.
6. Clutch bag, £95, French Connection. Pure genius, if you ask me. This clutch ensures that all eyes are on you. Wear with: my choice would be a white peplum dress and gold, metallic heels. This is such a unique piece, so reflect the aesthetic of the bag and make it your own.
7. Heels, £155, Karen Millen. Black and gold were a match made in sequin heaven. The contrasting heel, a slim ankle strap and peep toe detail make this Karen Millen shoe stand out. Wear with: A black skater dress and gold sequin clutch.
8. Clutch bag, £35, Miss KG by Kurt Geiger. Box clutches. They sound so wrong, and are so, so right. Wear with: anything. I can imagine a jet black nail polish adding a punky punch to this clutch.
9. Skirt, £45, Topshop. I haven't been out of skater dresses and skirts this year. So flattering and feminine, the skater skirt gets a Christmas makeover. Wear with: a black blazer, white top. Swap between heels and ballet pumps depending on day and night.
1. Dress, £249, Markus Lupfer. I've got a lot of love for Lupfer at the moment. If anyone can masterfully incorporate sequins into an LBD it's him. Wear with: I think the picture says it all.
2. Brogues, £425, Maison Martin Margiela. Brogues get glam. I've never considered wearing brogues to a night club but just saving them for casual wouldn't do these babies justice.
3. Illusion D'ombre eyeshadow, £23, Chanel. If designer clothes are unobtainable, what about designer make-up? Grab your own little piece of Chanel. Wear with: this is a great shadow for creating a chocolate smoky eye. Try a sweep of bronzer to define cheeks and a slick of peach lipstick. Ooh la la.
4. Skirt, £335, DKNY. If I could afford (yeah right) a designer piece it would be this beauty. The gathered detail adds extra charm and takes this skirt to another level. Not that the sequins don't help either. Wear with: The skirt's hue is the real show stopper here so keep the rest minimal. Definitely no more sequins. A simple black tee and flats or low heels would make a great daytime look.
5. Top, £310, Suno NY. I love the detail of this top-the polka dots are sequined. It looks very cosy and warm too. Who says fashion isn't practical? Wear with: Simple black trousers and heels or a black miniskirt. Perfect for Spring too, just add a grey, wool coat for Winter days.
6. Trousers, £410, Moschino Cheap and Chic. You know you shouldn't. But then again you should...Hard to master, but worth it. Wear with: the styling is tricky with this one. Keep it very simple. mono-colour shoes, minimal jewellery. You get the picture. Plan the outfit around the trousers and no other way.
7. Jasmin Noir L'exir, £69, Bvlgari. Seduction in a scent. Wear with: attitude.
8. Dress, £680, Sass and Bide. A work of art and nothing less. Sass and Bide create a beautiful piece by crossing art deco design with 80's neon prints. Wear with: hot pink peep toe heels.
9. Bag, £615, Dolce and Gabbana. My word, I've been searching for you for years. Practicality included, the strap brings the bag in to a whole new sphere of functions. Wear with: I'm thinking a navy cable knit jumper over a shirt, grey skater skirt and sneakers. Campus cool D&G style.
Have a sparkly weekend.